Our Christian Identity
ZOE Foundation Australia is committed to abolition of human trafficking because we are Christian. We acknowledge one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We regard all people as created and loved by God. We seek to follow the example of Christ, in his identification with the afflicted, the poor, the oppressed, the marginalized, his concern for children, the dignity and equality of both men and women and in his love for all people without discrimination or conditions.
We are called to a loving and generous concern for the poor and exploited. We strive to serve the neediest people on this earth, to relieve their suffering and to promote the transformation of their lives. We stand in a common search for justice. We work in partnership with all people regardless of race, religion or gender.
The Church's Role in Combating Human Trafficking
- Speak out against exploitation, corruption and injustice.
- Facilitate economic independence by encouraging job training and career development.
- Build a rich moral ecology and a culture of trust.
- Provide a deep sense of connectedness.
- Offer charity in targeted and intelligent ways that encourage human flourishing rather than dependency and cultural decay.
- Preach a holistic vision of Christian stewardship.
- Share the Gospel—the most transforming force in history.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God."