Are animal intestines food? Are leaves food? Are frogs food? Are ants food? And what about cockroaches?
Since moving to Thailand, I have had to rethink the question of, ‘What is food?’
I used to look at leaves as just things that fell off trees and created work to sweep up … and insects were something that caused me to whip off my shoe and attempt to crush. But now, I’m beginning to wonder if they could actually be tasty treats?
According to www.Dictionary.com:
- any nourishing substance that is eaten, drunk, or otherwise taken into the body to sustain life, provide energy, promote growth, etc.
- more or less solid nourishment, as distinguished from liquids.
- a particular kind of solid nourishment: a breakfast food; dog food.
- whatever supplies nourishment to organisms: plant food.
- anything serving for consumption or use: food for thought.
… I will leave you to decide!
Food For Thought!
- Join our ZFA Prayer nights on Monday evenings (email Brett for details)
- Cook one of our ‘Taste of ZOE’ recipes, share it on social media, #atasteofZOE and tag us.
- Watch and share videos, blog posts and social media feeds. (here and here)
- Order a Taste of ZOE cookbook and pass it on to a friend. (order here)
- Have a Taste of ZOE potluck dinner, watch one of ZOE’s videos from youtube and have a discussion about it. (YouTube)
- Petition for ZOE’s Year 9 or 10 curriculum to be used in your school. (click here)
- Parent of a teen? Watch the free online Chapel video with your child. (email Brett for a copy)
- Person of faith? Pray for ZOE’s work in Prevention, Rescue and Restoration. (join a prayer group or get a prayer guide)
- Invite a guest speaker. (email)